How To Clean Retro Football Boots
If you know how to clan your retro football boots by yourself, you will save a lot of money. Retro football boots are a great collectors item. If you still want to wear them , the are a great way to stand out on the field. You can bring a little nostalgia to the game while showing off your skills. If you are lucky enough to own a pair of retro football boots, here are some ways you can clean them.
In order to clean retro football boots, you will need:
- leather polish
- Examine the retro football boots for damage. Before cleaning, you want to make sure that there are no signs of damage on them. If you do find areas that are damage, take note of them or attempt to repair them before cleaning.
- Remove the shoe laces. If your boots have laces, it's easier to clean them when the laces are removed. Clean the laces in a soap and water solution. Do not use hard detergents.
- Remove soil and sand from the boots by wiping them down with a natural bristle brush. Make sure that your brushes are not wire because that will damage the retro football boots.
- Use a wet toothbrush to clean hard to reach areas such as grooves or creases. If stains are still present, add a small amount of mild soap to the water. Allow the boots to dry in natural heat. Using artificial heat may be too harsh and loosen the adhesives used in the shoe.
- Stuff the retro football boots with newspaper to help them maintain their shape. Newspaper may also help absorb odors and moisture.