Knowing how to clean rubber hunting boots can improve your hunting experience. Rubber boots keep the human scent contained to avoid scaring away prey. Some game can smell a hunter from up to 200 yards. Experienced hunters know how to control their scent. You want to keep your rubber hunting boots clean, but you need to choose how to clean them carefully. You do not want to use a cleaning product with a strong aroma.
Things you'll need:
- Plain water
- Small scrubbing brush (soft)
- Baking soda
- Scent control product (optional)
- Carefully rinse the rubber hunting boots with plain water. Avoid getting water inside of the boots.
- Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda to use as the cleaning agent. Scrub any nooks and crannies lightly with the brush. Be careful not to scrub too hard or you'll cause scratches on the rubber boots.
- Rinse well with plain water to remove any residue from the baking soda. Dry with a cloth to keep the boots from spotting.
- Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the inside of the boots to help remove any foot odor. Another way to use the baking soda inside the rubber hunting boots is by filling two small socks with baking soda and tying them shut. Store the socks in the boots when you are not wearing them. They are easy to remove and can be used over and over.
- Buy a scent control product or scent neutralizing spray if you are a serious hunter. Apply to the boots before hunting as directed.
- Save your clean rubber hunting boots for hunting. Avoid wearing them to places such as restaurants or public restrooms where they can be contaminated by odors.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!