Need to learn how to clean the rubber soles of tennis shoes? Tennis shoes or sneakers can get really discolored and dirty after being used, and cleaning them is obviously cheaper than buying a new pair. You have several options available when you need to clean your tennis shoes' rubber soles.
To clean the rubber soles of tennis shoes, you will need:
- An abrasive powder cleaner
- A stiff toothbrush
- A plastic bowl
- To clean rubber soles, first pour at least a tablespoon of abrasive powder cleaner in the plastic bowl. Add a little bit of clear water to make a paste.
- Wet the toothbrush and dip it into the paste. Scrub the rubber soles of the tennis shoes with it, focusing on areas that are particularly dirty. Make sure you scrub the bottom of the rubber soles as well as the sides of the rubber.
- Rinse the soles with clean water after you've removed the stains with the toothbrush. Scrubbing the majority of the stains off the rubber soles of the tennis shoes with a toothbrush will go a long way in terms of removing the dirt and making them look more presentable.
- If your tennis shoes are made of cotton or other canvas, feel free to go the next step and pop them into the washing machine. Use a bit of laundry detergent to clean the entire tennis shoes. This will not only give a thorough cleaning of the rubber soles of the tennis shoes, but also clean the uppers. Allow your tennis shoes to air dry completely prior to using them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.