If you know how to clean silk shoes, then you know how to clean satin shoes. Satin is made from silk. It can be woven into acetate, cotton, nylon and polyester. More than likely, if you have satin shoes then the satin fabric is glued onto the shoes. Satin is a very delicate and expensive fabric, so if you have satin shoes then you must clean them using the proper cleaning techniques when you do it at home.
To clean satin shoes, you will need:
- A soft cloth
- Mild soap
- Warm water
- Take your satin shoes to a professional shoe cleaner if you have a stubborn stain. If you don't want to take the chance that you might damage the shoes while cleaning them, a professional cleaner is best. Satin can easily be damaged, so proceed with caution and make sure to clean your satin shoes carefully and properly.
- Wipe the satin shoes off with a damp, soft cloth. This should be done periodically, so the satin fabric will shine and you will get rid of any dust residue on the satin shoes.
- Use a small drop of a mild dishwashing soap on stains. Put the small drop of soap on the soft cloth and then dampen the cloth with warm water. Wipe the stain with the soft cloth.
- Rinse the soft cloth in water and wring out. Gently wipe the satin shoes again with the soft cloth. If the stain is gone then you've managed to clean your satin shoes at home.
- Let the satin shoes air dry before wearing. If the stain did not come out, then you will need to take the satin shoes to a professional to get cleaned. Don't get disappointed; sometimes you can't clean satin shoes at home, and they must be cleaned by a professional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.