How To Clean Silver Jewelry Naturally
This a quick and amazing way to learn how to clean silver jewelry naturally. By using this natural cleaning method your jewelry will be tarnish free and shinning like new. Cleaning silver jewelry can be done with a few ordinary house hold products and will take you back to memories of your grammar school science projects.
Things you will need:
- Aluminum foil
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Six inch by six inch piece of felt.
- Pick a bowl that will be large enough to cover your silver jewelry when it is filled with water.
- Line the bowl with aluminum foil. This can be purchased at you local grocery store.
- Heat the water for one minute in the microwave. The amount of hot water to use depends on the size of your silver jewelry and the size of the bowl you are using. Heat up enough water to cover your entire piece of silver jewelry.
- Fill the bowl lined with aluminum foil with hot water.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda to hot water and stir until dissolved. The amount of baking soda to be used is determined by how much put your silver jewelry into the hot water.
- Take a plastic spoon and move the jewelry around in the water solution until you see how the solution slowly and naturally cleans your silver jewelry. This will take about five minutes. You will start to notice that the tarnish on your silver jewelry transferred to the aluminum foil.
- Remove the silver jewelry from the aluminum lined bowl and leave to dry on a paper towel to air dry.
- Take a a piece of soft felt to gently rub any additional tarnish or spots that were left behind from the solution.
- Gently rub the felt in a circular motion to make your natural cleaned silver jewelry shine.