How To Clean Sneakers
Want to know how to clean sneakers? You wear your favorite sneakers everywhere and want an easy way to clean sneakers in order to stretch the life of the shoes. Whether the shoes are canvas or leather, they can be easily cleaned with a few household products and a little elbow grease.
To clean sneakers, you will need:
- Foam eraser sponge
- Cleaning sponge
- Mild detergent
- Soft scrub brush
- Clean towel
- Remove the laces and removable inserts from the shoe before you start to clean sneakers. The inserts can be washed using the same steps as the shoes. Do not clean sneakers in a washing machine as this will damage the shoe. The laces can be washed in a washing machine.
- Remove scuff marks from white leather or rubber by gently rubbing the areas with a foam eraser sponge before starting to clean sneakers.
- Wet the entire shoe with cool water by dipping a sponge into a bowl filled with cool water and rubbing the shoes. Place a small amount of mild detergent on a soft toothbrush or small scrub brush and gently scrub in a circular motion to clean sneakers.
- Wipe the detergent from the shoes with a sponge and clean water. Repeat Step 3 to continue to clean sneakers if dirty areas remain on the shoes.
- Wipe the shoes dry with a clean, absorbent towel. Stuff the inside of the shoe with dry paper towel to absorb moisture from the inside of the clean sneakers. Do not place the shoes in sunlight or on a heat vent as this will dry out the leather. Place the insoles and laces back into the clean sneakers once the shoes and insoles are completely dry.