How To Clean Snowboard Gloves
Snow boarding gear can get dirty, especially the gloves so knowing how to clean snowboard gloves will help keep your gear ready for use at all times. Snowboard gloves are designed to trap heat and keep your hands warm while on the slopes, but they also can trap germs and bacteria left behind by sweaty hands. Usually, after being used regularly through the winter, snow boarding gloves will be covered in stains and may even develop an unpleasant odor. There are two main ways to clean snow boarding gloves.
In the Washing Machine
Cleaning snowboard gloves in the washing machine is the easiest and most effective way to get rid of the stains and odors left on them.
- Wash the snowboard gloves by themselves so that their colors don't bleed onto other clothes or fabrics.
- Choose the lowest water level on your washing machine.
- Choose to wash the gloves in warm water.
- Once the water has filled up add laundry detergent. Dry or liquid will work.
- Place the gloves in the machine and allow it to run through its entire cycle.
- Remove the gloves from the washing machine when they are done and allow them to air dry or place them in a dryer on the lowest heat cycle.
Remember not to use bleach or fabric softener as these may ruin the gloves. If there are large stains on the gloves, you may want to treat them with a stain remover before adding them to a wash cycle.
Washing Snowboard Gloves by Hand
Another easy way to wash snowboard gloves is to do them by hand.
- Get a large mixing bowl and fill it with warm water.
- Add your laundry detergent.
- Place the gloves in the water and let them soak for 1 minutes.
- Massage the gloves and work on scrubbing out the visible stains.
- When all the stains are out, dump the water out of the bowl and fill it with clean warm water.
- Rinse the gloves until all the soap is out of them.
- Allow them to air dry by hanging them in a cool airy place.
Again, use a prewash stain remover before washing the snowboard gloves if there are many sat in stains on them.