Need to know how to clean Sperry shoes? Sperry shoes are the original boat shoe. They are made to be used in water, so learning how to clean Sperry shoes should not be rocket science, unless you are trying to remove paint or gum. If the shoes are especially dirty, a little elbow grease and some oil-removing detergent should do the trick.
To clean Sperry shoes, you will need:
- Your favorite dish washing detergent
- Nail polish remover
- A scrub brush
- A tablespoon (to measure)
- An old pillow case
- Cotton balls
1. Wet your Sperry shoe with water. Take a tablespoon of your favorite dish washing detergent and scrub the shoes until clean. Wash the soles to clean Sperry shoes properly. Repeat several times until clean.
2. Soak a cotton ball with nail polish remover. Use it to spot clean areas of the Sperry shoe that don’t come clean.
3. Take the insoles out to clean Sperry shoes if they’re not glued in. Put your shoes with the insoles you took out in an old pillow case and knot it.
4. Take the knotted pillow case with the Sperry shoes inside and put it in the washing machine with your favorite laundry detergent. Run the washing machine with the Sperry shoes inside on a long washing cycle with cool water.
5. Remove your shoes from the washing machine. Put the insoles and your Sperry shoes in a dry place, outside if it’s a warm day, to dry. Put the cleaned insoles or new insoles back into your Sperry shoes once they are completely dry.
After cleaning your Sperry shoes, you may notice that some of the spots were from the leather losing its color due to wear. Fix this problem by taking a trip to your local shoe repair shop, where they definitely have a variety of shoe colors to touch up your Sperrys and make them look like new.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.