Need to know how to clean Sperry shoes? Sperry shoes are the original boat shoe. They are made to be used in water, so learning how to clean Sperry shoes should not be rocket science, unless you are trying to remove paint or gum. If the shoes are especially dirty, a little elbow grease and some oil-removing detergent should do the trick.
To clean Sperry shoes, you will need:
- Your favorite dish washing detergent
- Nail polish remover
- A scrub brush
- A tablespoon (to measure)
- An old pillow case
- Cotton balls
- Wet your Sperry shoe with water. Take a tablespoon of your favorite dish washing detergent and scrub the shoes until clean. Wash the soles to clean Sperry shoes properly. Repeat several times until clean.
- Soak a cotton ball with nail polish remover. Use it to spot clean areas of the Sperry shoe that don't come clean.
- Take the insoles out to clean Sperry shoes if they're not glued in. Put your shoes with the insoles you took out in an old pillow case and knot it.
- Take the knotted pillow case with the Sperry shoes inside and put it in the washing machine with your favorite laundry detergent. Run the washing machine with the Sperry shoes inside on a long washing cycle with cool water.
- Remove your shoes from the washing machine. Put the insoles and your Sperry shoes in a dry place, outside if it's a warm day, to dry. Put the cleaned insoles or new insoles back into your Sperry shoes once they are completely dry.
After learning how to clean Sperry shoes, you may notice that some of the spots were from the leather losing its color due to wear. Fix this problem by taking a trip to your local shoe repair shop, where they have a variety of shoe colors to touch up your shoes and make them look like new.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...