- Liquid Bleach (if needed)
- Try soap and water. Fill up your bucket with some water. Then, add some soap to the water. If milder stains are also present, add some liquid bleach. Take a sponge and put it into the bucket to let it soak in the cleaning solution you have just made. Then, put some soap into it. Now, rub the sponge onto the stains to see if they will come off. Rub with some force for more effectiveness. If the stains won't come off, try something else.
- If necessary, sand the stains off. If the stains are extremely persistent and won't come off, then you'll have to resort to sandpaper. Take your sandpaper and gently sand off the stains. This will sand away the paint, however, so this should only be a last-resort solution. Don't sand too much away of the hull, because that could deform part of the boat hull. If it gets to the point where you need to sand the stains away, make sure that you have some paint to repaint your boat hull.
- Finish up the cleaning. After you have removed all the stains, rinse down your boat hull with water. Make sure that your boat hull is spotless, unless you had to use sandpaper.
- Preventing stains. The next time you take your boat out, clean the hull. If you don't have time to clean it right away, rinse down the hull as soon as you take it home. This makes it take longer for stains to develop and stick. This, in turn, will also make it easier for the hull to be cleaned. It may also remove some of the stains, if you are lucky.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)