How To Clean Sterling Silver Jewelry
There are a couple of different ways to learn about how to clean sterling silver jewelry. You can have it done professionally, or you can clean your sterling silver jewelry jewelry yourself at home. Either way, both are easy!
What you need to clean sterling silver jewelry:
- Jewelry cleaner
- Baking soda
- Clean soft cloth
- Go to a professional. Before you try to clean your sterling silver jewelry at home, take it to a professional jeweler. Jewelry stores are stocked with professionals who know the perfect way to clean your sterling silver jewelry. Going to a professional does come with a price tag though.
- Get some jewelry cleaner. At any store that they sell jewelry, they sell jewelry cleaner. It doesn't cost much to you. You can find a jewelry cleaner that is specified for sterling silver and it will work out great for you.
- Do it yourself. Do you have either baking soda or toothpaste lying around? Pick one of them and you have a wonderful jewelry cleaner. Both work equally well.
- Get your toothbrush ready. Lay your sterling silver jewelry flat on a clean and dry surface and get a toothbrush. Apply the product of your choice to the toothbrush. Add a few drops of water and begin to scrub. Scrub one section at a time until the entire piece of jewelry has been cleaned.
- Get some WD-40. Do you have tarnishing on your piece of jewelry? The best way to remove any tarnish is with WD-40. Spray it directly on the piece of sterling silver and watch it dissolve. Within minutes your tarnishing will be gone.
- Rinse your sterling silver jewelry. Now that you have cleaned it, rinse off the cleaning product. Hold your sterling silver in one hand and the toothbrush in the other. Place the piece under running water and scrub off all the cleaning product.
- Dry it. Get a dry soft rag. Put your sterling silver jewelry in the middle of the rag and rub it between your fingers. This not only dries your jewelry, but it buffs it so that it can shine again as well.