You have a few options when it comes to learning how to clean sterling silver rings. The good thing is that sterling silver is a pure metal and it is actually very easy to clean. You can take your sterling silver ring to a professional, or you can clean your jewelry from home.
What you need to clean sterling silver rings:
- Jewelry cleaner
- Baking soda
- Dry cloth
- Take your sterling silver ring to a jeweler. For the absolute best guarantee that your sterling silver ring will be perfect again, you should take your jewelry to a professional. They are trained to clean jewelry properly. Your sterling silver ring will be beautiful and like new again.
- Do it yourself. Cleaning your silver from home is very possible. You only need a few supplies. You can remove any dirt, grime or tarnish right from the comfort of your own home.
- Use jewelry cleaner. You can purchase jewelry cleaner at any store that they sell jewelry. It doesn't cost much and it will do the job well! Go get some and read the directions on how to clean your sterling silver.
- Grab some baking soda or toothpaste. Both products works equally as well. Neither one is better than the other. Both are successful at removing everyday dirt and grime that gets embedded into your sterling silver ring.
- Hold your ring in one hand and the toothbrush in the other. Get your toothbrush wet and dip it in either the baking soda or toothpaste. Start to scrub in a circular motion until you have completely reached all areas of the ring. Make sure to get the inside and the outside of your silver ring. You may have to scrub a little extra if your sterling silver ring has grooves or stones.
- Rinse your silver in clean water. Hold your ring in one hand and the toothbrush in the other hand. Under running water, scrub all cleaning product from your ring. Pay attention to grooves and stones. Once rinsed, your sterling silver ring is like new again.
- Try WD-40 if you have tarnishing on your sterling silver ring. Lay your sterling silver ring on a clean surface. Spray WD-40 directly on your ring. Let the product set for a few minutes. Take the toothbrush and scrub it in until you see the tarnished area return to normal.
- Rinse you ring in clean water. Scrub all product from your silver under running water with your toothbrush. Please take caution as to not drop your jewelry down the drain of the sink. Once you have cleaned it, let it dry.
- Buff your jewelry. Now that you have successfully cleaned your sterling silver ring, get a dry cloth. Hold your ring in one hand and the cloth in the other. Rub your ring with the cloth until all fingerprints and smudges are gone. Watch it shine!