How To Clean Suede Sneakers
Are trying to learn how to clean suede sneakers? Suede is one of those fabrics that looks good on most people but are a pain to keep clean. There is no reason why you should not be able to show off your favorite pair of suede sneakers just because of a strain. Careful maintenance of your suede sneakers can have them looking brand new and you will be at attention once again.
To clean suede shoes you will need:
- Suede Brush
- Foam spray carpet cleaner
- Rubber Eraser
- White vinegar
- Cleaning rags
- Test cleaners before you use them. Different products will react differently depending on the type of suede. Test any cleaner that you decide to use when cleaning your suede sneakers, by using a small amount on an area that will not be noticed. This will prevent your suede sneakers from fading or becoming discolored.
- Remove any dirt or mud from sneakers. Letting the mud or dirt dry first makes it easier for you to simply brush it off your suede sneakers. Clearing the dirt of the suede shoe gives you a clear look of what the stain looks like. Do not attempt to remove the dirt before it is dry, because it will just smear and cause a bigger stain for you to clean.
- Rub dark stains with the rubber eraser. You do not want to rub it too hard, as it will rub the suede off. You just need to give it a light rub. Once the dark stain has been removed, try rebrushing it a little more to make sure the area is properly cleaned. Any stains on the rubber part of the sneakers can be removed with the eraser.
- Remove light stains with white vinegar. Apply a small amount of white vinegar to your cleaning rag. Scrubbing the suede gently will assist in cleaning your suede sneakers. Using your toothbrush, you will need to gently scrub the area to remove the stain off of your suede sneakers.
- Spray the foaming carpet cleaner. Tougher stains will require the foaming cleaner, use a moderate amount and scrub it with a toothbrush to remove the stain from you suede sneakers.