How To Clean Tennis Shoes
If you have recently spent a fair amount of time outdoors, you may be wondering how to clean tennis shoes. Tennis shoes that are cleaned periodically can be kept in good condition. Whenever you see your tennis shoes looking a bit drab, follow these simple steps to clean your tennis shoes.
To clean tennis shoes, you will need:
- Commercial stain cleaner
- A tough bristle brush
- A washing machine
- Washing detergent
- A dryer or clothesline
- Treat stains with a stain remover. To clean tennis shoes it is best to first treat your tennis shoes with a commercial stain cleaner. Rub the stain remover into the canvas areas to remove any large stains.
- Scrub the bottom of the tennis shoes. Using the brush, make sure to scrub the bottom of the tennis shoes, getting inside all of the grooves and treads.
- Allow the stain remover to set into the stain. Leave the tennis shoes to sit for about an hour with the stain remover on them.
- Set the washer for a gentle wash. When you clean tennis shoes you do not want them to fly around your washer. This could damage your washer.
- Fill the washing machine with warm water. Add in a small amount of washing detergent. Throw the tennis shoes into the soapy water.
- Allow the tennis shoes to go through one wash cycle. When they are done, inspect the tennis shoes. Make sure there are no stains left after you clean your tennis shoes.
- Repeat the steps again if there are stains. If the tennis shoes are stain free, place them in the dryer on a low heat setting. They can also be hung out on a clothesline on a nice day.
Tennis shoes are one part of your wardrobe that will always come in contact with a lot of dirt. Some stains may still be visible after you clean tennis shoes. To avoid set-in stains, be sure to clean tennis shoes on a regular basis or whenever you have been out in the mud or dirt. A dirty pair of tennis shoes can make even a great outfit look bad.