How To Clean A Tent
Wanting to know how to clean a tent is actually really easy and can, for the most part, be fuss-free. The items you need to clean your tent can be found right inside your home. A lot of people have never cleaned a tent, but with a little bit of know-how and desire, it's really something that anyone can do.
Things you'll need:
- Antibacterial soap
- Water hose
- Paper towels
- Make sure the tent is fully assembled. This assures that the tent is set up to be able to be cleaned to the best of your abilities.
- The weather actually plays a huge role in when you should clean the tent. The best day to clean a tent is a sunny and windy day because the sun will dry the tent and the wind will circulate through the tent to dry it.
- Start with the broom and sweep out the tent to remove any loose dirt or debris inside the tent.
- Using the water hose, wet the outside of the tent to loosen dirt or any of nature's little surprises. Make sure that the tent doors are shut so that you are not putting dirt back into your tent.
- To disinfect the tent, spray down the interior of the tent and clean with the paper towel. Repeat the same steps on the outside of the tent. If your tent has windows, repeat the same step.
- Now that you have cleaned and disinfected the tent, let it stay up as long as it takes to have the tent completely dry.
Now that you have cleaned your tent, feel free to test out your newly cleaned tent in the wilderness. If you have kids feel free to let them test it out for a little backyard camping.