How To Clean Track Ball On BlackBerry Curve 8330
Do you need to know how to clean the track ball on a Blackberry Curve 8330? Your Blackberry Curve 8330 is the lifeline to your existence and when it malfunctions, you feel lost. If the track ball stops working properly it is difficult to use the phone at all. Do not toss the device just yet there is hope. It is easy to clean the track ball in a few simple steps. Before you begin, be sure to wash your hands. Any grime or dirt on your fingers can get on the track ball thwarting your efforts to clean it.
In order to clean the track ball on your Blackberry Curve 8330, you will need:
- Small screwdriver (no bigger than 2.5mm)
- Small pliers
- Remove the plastic ring with a screwdriver
- Remove the inner retaining ring that holds the track ball in place with a screwdriver. Do this carefully as this inner retaining ring is fragile. Note: On the newer devices the inner retaining ring is not used; only the track ball assembly held in with a plastic outer ring.
- Remove the track ball using a small pliers.
- Disassemble the track ball slowly; remember how you take it apart so you are able to get it back together. This requires a steady hand so take your time.
- Take out a scroll wheels and scrape off the dust with your fingernail. Do not use any tools to do this to prevent damage.
- Reassemble the track ball on your Blackberry Curve 8330 with the “scroll wheels, black magnet” facing clockwise once you are done cleaning it.
This procedure should not have to be done on a regular basis if you take care of you Blackberry Curve 8330. Consider a carrying case for your Blackberry Curve 8330 to keep it protected.