The suede material of Uggs can become grimy, but luckily, it's easy to learn how to clean Uggs. These comfortable and stylish shoes can be cared for easily at home with only a suede brush, a sponge, some cold water and white vinegar. Uggs must be hand washed, resist the temptation to just toss them in the washing machine and hope for the best.
- Use the suede brush to gently brush any obvious dirt or dried mud off your Uggs. This should be done dry, and make sure to only brush in one direction.
- Apply cold water to a clean sponge and use the sponge to wet down the entire surface of your Uggs. It's important to clean the whole surface so no water stains show up later.
- For cleaning, you can either buy special Ugg cleaner/conditioner from retailers that sell Uggs, or you can simply use a solution of one half water, one half white vinegar. If you buy the special cleaner/conditioner, use half cleaning solution, half water to clean your shoes. Whether you use the Ugg solution or the vinegar mix, never pour it right on the Uggs. Instead, mix it in a bowl.
- Sponge cleaning solution over the entire surface of the shoe, paying special attention to soiled areas. Then rinse with cold water by using the sponge to apply the water to the entire surface of Uggs after cleaning. Stuff your Uggs with wadded newspapers or paper towels so they keep their shape while drying. Let Uggs dry in a cool, dry place, not in direct sunlight. When Uggs are dry, use your suede brush to brush the entire shoe in one direction.
- To deodorize Uggs after cleaning, mix equal parts baking soda and corn flour and shake a bit of the mixture into boots.
Uggs are easy to clean at home, it just takes a bit of time and patience. Remember to apply water and cleaner evenly over the surface of your Uggs, and to brush suede always in the same direction.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?