Do you need to clean your vintage cloth canvas watch band? When you hear the word vintage it can intimate you because this means delicate in many ways. Cleaning a vintage cloth canvas watch band needs to be done delicately and by hand.
What you need to clean a vintage cloth canvas watch band:
- Watch tool kit
- Mild soap
- Soft cloth
- The first step to clean a vintage cloth canvas watch band is to remove the band. When you clean the band on a watch you need to make sure not to get the watch itself wet. Any store that sells watches or jewelry will have a little tool kit for watches made specifically to remove watch bands. This tool kit will make it easy to remove the peg that holds the watch band to the watch. Once removed you can begin to clean the vintage cloth canvas watch band.
- Make a cleaning solution. Add some mild soap to a bowl of water to make a good cleanser. A mild liquid dish soap isn't too harsh to damage a vintage cloth canvas watch band. You shouldn't use a heavy soap since vintage material can be easily ruined. Think of how you would wash a baby's skin. Add just a teaspoon amount and mix it up.
- Soak the vintage cloth canvas watch band. The best way to clean a vintage cloth canvas watch band is to soak it to lift and release the dirt from the weave of the fabric. Agitation will potentially tear the vintage material. Let it soak for about a half an hour to an hour.
- Rinse out the soap and dry it. Hold the vintage cloth canvas watch band under cool running water to rinse out the soap. Lay the watch band on a clean soft cloth and pat it dry. Try to avoid any rubbing on the vintage material so you don't rip it or wear it down. Let the watch band air dry the rest of the way.
- Put the watch back together. Once dry, use your tool kit and put the vintage cloth canvas watch band back on the watch. You now have a clean piece of vintage jewelry. Wear it in style and avoid getting it wet to sustain a longer life to the vintage cloth canvas watch band.