Learn how to clean vintage mink coats and give these luxurious garments a new life. Mink coats are beautiful. Vintage mink coats that have withstood the test of time might need some extra care than a new mink coat, but the beauty is worth it. When an older mink coat is still in good condition but just needs a good cleaning, it's possible to do it yourself and save money.
To clean vintage mink coats, you will need:
- Bed sheet
- Blow dryer
- Cloth garment bag
- Lay a bed sheet on a table. Set the vintage mink coat on top of the bed sheet. This will catch any of the cornstarch during cleaning. Lay the mink coat on top of the bed sheet. If possible, clean the mink coat outside, perhaps on top of a patio table or picnic table.
- Sprinkle cornstarch on the mink. On one side of the mink coat that is facing up, sprinkle it with cornstarch. Cornstarch absorbs oils and dirt and any odors that may have collected in the vintage mink coat.
- Dab at the fur with a damp cloth. Carefully wipe from the base of the fur up to clean the vintage mink coat. If needed, rinse the cloth with fresh water and continue.
- Repeat on the other side of the mink coat. When the first side is finished, turn the vintage mink coat over and sprinkle cornstarch on it. Wipe the second side with the cloth.
- Hang the coat outside. Hang the vintage mink on a sturdy wooden hanger and hang from a clothesline or hook. Blow out the fur with a blow dryer to remove all of the cornstarch.
- Air the mink coat outside. Hang the vintage mink coat outdoors to air. Keep it on the sturdy wooden hanger and hang from a clothesline or hook that allows air to circulate completely around the coat. This will help rid the coat of odors and fluff up the fur.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?