Are you wondering how to clean vintage motorcycle boots? If not treated properly, leather will tend to crack over the years if left unprotected. Exposure to the elements only accelerates the aging of vintage motorcycle boots. Read on for some tips on taking care of your vintage boots.
To clean vintage motorcycle boots, you will need:
- Several soft cloths
- Saddle soap
- A commercial waterproofing product
- A sponge
- Read the care tag. The care tag should be inside of the motorcycle boot or may have come in the box with the boots. Make sure to follow the recommended care instructions.
- Clean your vintage motorcycle boots. Rub water and a soft cloth over the entire boot, sole and heel to ensure the boots are clean. Allow to dry completely and repeat the process. This process may be enough to clean your vintage motorcycle boots and is the preferred method for boots needing just a mild cleaning.
- Use saddle soap. This leather cleaner is great to use when water alone will not clean your vintage boots. Using a soft cloth, rub saddle soap over the entire boot. Use a clean cloth to remove the soap and buff. Follow the instructions listed on the package. Saddle soap can be found at stores that sell equestrian products.
- Apply a waterproofing agent. Use a sponge to apply the product to the entire boot. Follow the manufacturer's instructions; there are a number of suitable products on the market, and each may be used differently. Be sure to purchase one that is usable on your vintage boots.
- Condition your vintage motorcycle boots. After cleaning the boots, be sure to follow up with a conditioner to avoid further aging. The layer of protection a boot conditioner offers is invaluable. Many brands of boot conditioner are available at a variety of locations.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.