Need to know how to clean saddle shoes? Vintage style is the latest craze. If you want to show your trendy side, rock a pair of saddle shoes. Vintage saddle shoes can get pretty dirty. No matter how much of a cool fashion statement vintage saddle shoes make, a dirty pair of saddle shoes will make the wrong statement. Saddle shoes were popular for years. Saddle shoes were most popular in the 1950s. Most saddle shoes are made of leather. You must care for the shoes properly to keep them looking great. A common problem with saddle shoes are scuff marks.
In order to clean a vintage pair of saddle shoes, you will need:
- Leather cleaner
- Rubbing alcohol
- Leather conditioner
- Prepare to clean the saddle shoes. You may want to place a newspaper on the surface you will be working on to avoid a mess. Lay the shoes on top of the newspaper.
- Apply a small amount of leather cleaner to the cloth. You should use about one tablespoon of cleaner. Add a bit of water. Gently rub any smudges or dirt off the shoes.
- Dry the shoes with a dry cloth. You need to make sure the vintage saddle shoes are completely dry.
- If there are scuff marks on your shoes, use rubbing alcohol to remove them. You can add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to another dry cloth. Use the cloth to blot the scuffs off the shoe. Continue blotting the shoe until the scuffs are gone.
- Allow the vintage saddle shoes to dry. You can then condition the saddle shoes with leather conditioner. Polish the shoes using the leather conditioner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.