How To Clean A Vintage Suit
Learning how to clean a vintage suit properly is very important for the vitality, and non-destruction of the fabric. But knowing exactly how to properly clean your vintage suit can be a bit frustrating, for most vintage clothes do not have cleaning instructions on them. If you are the owner of a vintage suit then you’re in luck! By following this simple guide you will know how to properly clean your vintage suit, without worrying about ruining the fabric!
What You Will Need:
- A dry cleaning kit purchasable from your local grocery store.
- A Phone Book and telephone.
- Check the tags. Although most all vintage suits do not have cleaning instructions on the tag, it is always best to look and ensure there is no care guide.
- Purchase an at home dry cleaning kit. This kit may purchased at most any grocery store that sells laundry detergents, and clothing cleaning agents.
- Call a dry cleaning service provider. If an at home dry cleaning kit is unavailable, take you vintage suit to an actual dry cleaner. This will cost considerably more than an at home kit, but you will not want to wash your suit in a washing machine. Doing so, you may unintentionally ruin your suit.
- Spot clean with a damp cloth. In between dry cleanings, to save money simply dampen a cloth with warm water and spot clean as needed. Unless severely soiled this method should work several times before needing to be cleaned completely.