If you're wondering how to clean vintage Swatch watches, you've probably accumulated at least one so far. While new Swatch watches are sturdy, and cleaning them is important, vintage Swatch watches are more delicate and must be handle with more care. Vintage Swatch watches are great collector's items, and taking care of them properly is a necessity. Whether you are wearing it day in and day out or simply keeping it in a display, your vintage Swatch watch is going to need some tender loving care.
Items needed to clean vintage Swatch watches:
- Warm water (max 150 degrees F)
- Mild non-bleach dish soap, rubbing alcohol (for non-leather materials), or vinegar (for leather)
- Lint-free absorbent cloth
Steps to clean vintage Swatch watches:
- Remove the band. If your vintage Swatch watch has a removable band, simply remove it and set it aside. This is ideal since you want to avoid getting water or cleaner in the watch's inner workings.
- Clean the watch band. Soak the watch band in the warm water and your choice of cleaning product for as long as possible (this is to loosen the dirt) but at a minimum of five minutes (and up to three hours). Using your toothbrush, gently scrub away at the dirt and it release easily.
- Dry the watch band. Gently shine the band with the cloth to dry it. Leave the watch band in a cool, dry place to allow it to fully dry. Clean the watch itself with the lightly damp cloth and be careful of wetting the watch too much to avoid damage.
- Reassemble the watch. After allowing your vintage Swatch watch to dry, reassemble the band and the watch face. Store it in a cool, dry place away from the sun or wear it to your heart's content!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Cooking With Booze: Stiegl Radler Crockpot Carnitas
Perfect hot-weather tacos, with pork simmered in summer beer.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.