Do you want to learn how to clean vintage Swiss watches? Vintage Swiss watches are very delicate and must be handled with care. Vintage Swiss watches are great collector's items, and taking care of them properly is a necessity. Whether you are wearing it day in and day out or simply keeping it in a display, your vintage Swatch watch is going to need some tender loving care. If you plan on selling your vintage Swiss watch, having a beautiful presentation can be a great way to up the selling price.
Items needed to clean vintage Swiss watches:
- Warm water (max 150 degrees F)
- Mild non-bleach dish soap, rubbing alcohol (for non-leather materials), or vinegar (for leather)
- Lint-free absorbent cloth
Steps to clean vintage Swiss watches:
- Remove the band. If your vintage Swiss watch has a removable band, simply remove it and set it aside. This is ideal since you want to avoid getting water or cleaner in the watch's inner workings. If not, follow the directions without immersing the watch face in the water. Alternatively, you can have the watch band professionally removed (or even cleaned) and then proceed.
- Clean the watch band. Soak the watch band in the warm water and the cleaning product for as long as possible (this is to loosen the dirt) but at a minimum of five minutes (and up to three hours). Using your toothbrush, gently scrub away at the dirt and it should release easily.
- Dry the watch band. Gently shine the band with the cloth to dry it. Leave the watch band in a cool, dry place to allow it to fully dry. Clean the watch itself with the lightly damp cloth and be careful of wetting the watch too much to avoid damage.
- Reassemble the watch. After allowing your vintage Swiss watch to dry, reassemble the band and the watch face. Store it in a cool, dry place away from the sun or wear it to your heart's content!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!