Take care of your retro collection by learning how to clean vintage Vans shoes. A shoe company popular with skaters, Vans has been making canvas sneakers since 1966. The company made the slip on canvas shoe famous. Since canvas wears down over the years, you will have to be careful when you clean vintage Vans shoes. Wash them by hand only and do not put them in the dryer under any circumstances.
To clean vintage Vans shoes, you will need:
- Mild detergent
- Warm water
- 2 wash cloths
- Fill the bucket with about a quart of warm water. You don't need a lot of water to clean vintage Vans. Pour about a tablespoon of the detergent into the water as it fills the bucket.
- Dip the toothbrush into the soapy water. Gently scrub the vintage Vans shoes with the brush, using circular motions. Don't scrub too hard or you may wear down the canvas fiber.
- Wet one of the wash cloths with the soapy water and wipe the rubber soles of the Vans shoes with it. You may need to use a bit of pressure to remove any caked on dirt and grime.
- Wet the other wash cloth with clean water. Wipe any soapy lather from the shoe with it. Rinse out the wash cloth with clean water and repeat until all the detergent is removed from the vintage Vans shoes.
- Stuff the Vans shoes with newspapers so that they retain their shape while drying. Set the shoes right side up on top of a towel. Let sit in shaded area until completely dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …