Take care of your retro collection by learning how to clean vintage Vans shoes. A shoe company popular with skaters, Vans has been making canvas sneakers since 1966. The company made the slip on canvas shoe famous. Since canvas wears down over the years, you will have to be careful when you clean vintage Vans shoes. Wash them by hand only and do not put them in the dryer under any circumstances.
To clean vintage Vans shoes, you will need:
- Mild detergent
- Warm water
- 2 wash cloths
- Fill the bucket with about a quart of warm water. You don't need a lot of water to clean vintage Vans. Pour about a tablespoon of the detergent into the water as it fills the bucket.
- Dip the toothbrush into the soapy water. Gently scrub the vintage Vans shoes with the brush, using circular motions. Don't scrub too hard or you may wear down the canvas fiber.
- Wet one of the wash cloths with the soapy water and wipe the rubber soles of the Vans shoes with it. You may need to use a bit of pressure to remove any caked on dirt and grime.
- Wet the other wash cloth with clean water. Wipe any soapy lather from the shoe with it. Rinse out the wash cloth with clean water and repeat until all the detergent is removed from the vintage Vans shoes.
- Stuff the Vans shoes with newspapers so that they retain their shape while drying. Set the shoes right side up on top of a towel. Let sit in shaded area until completely dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.