How To Clean Vinyl Boat Seats
To keep your boat looking sharp, learn about how to clean vinyl boat seats. Whether you take her out on the open sea or a local lake, your boat can get dirty. That includes the seats. To keep the vinyl boat seats looking good and in good condition, some basic care is needed. It's important to clean the vinyl boat seats each time after you've been out on the water to maintain them so they don't form mold or mildew and the vinyl stays clean and protected.
To clean vinyl boat seats, you will need:
- All purpose cleaner
- Use a good all purpose cleaner. A heavy duty cleaner like Fantastic or Mr. Clean will often clean vinyl boat seats thoroughly.
- Clean just the seat. Spray or apply a small amount of cleaner to the center of the vinyl boat seat. Be careful not to get the cleaner on other boat parts in case it may damage any finishes on other parts of the boat.
- Wipe the seat. Use the cleaner and a damp rag to wipe the boat seat. Be sure to get under the edges of the seat and in cracks and crevices.
- Rinse with water. Use clear water on a separate rag to wipe the seats to remove any residue from the cleaner.
- Wipe the seat with bleach. If the vinyl boat seats are especially dirty, use diluted bleach and wipe the seats with a rag.
- Rinse with water. It's extremely important to rinse the seats after using bleach. Use a bucket with clear clean water and dip a fresh rag into the water. Wipe the seats thoroughly to remove any trace of bleach.