If you wear a watch every day, chances are you'll want to know how to clean a watch. Cleaning a watch is actually pretty simple and can be done on a weekly basis to keep that brand new shiny watch look. There are a few different ways that you can clean a watch.
Depending on which technique you'd prefer to use for cleaning methods, you'll need a couple of materials:
- Dish soap
- baking soda
- tooth paste
- jewelry cleaner
- tooth brush
- lint free cloth
- cotton swab
- To start, you'll want to try and separate the band from the actual circular watch itself. If you can't do that, there are ways around this to continue cleaning.
- If you were able to separate the wrist band from the watch, get your bowl and fill the bowl up with water and dish soap and let the wrist band soak for a few minutes. If you weren't able to to separate the wrist band from the watch, you want to be careful now to wet the watch part (even if it's waterproof). If you can't soak your watch, you can get a paper towel and soak it in dishwater and soap and wrap it around the band.
- After a few minutes of the band soaking, grab the tooth brush and scrub all of the nooks and crannies of the watch band. This will get all of the dirt out from the cracks, which will ultimately make the watch shine a whole lot more.
- After you've scrubbed the watch, you'll want to carefully rinse all of the soapy water off.
- Dry the watch and then get a cotton swab and dip it in the alcohol, rub the swab all of the watch band. This will also add some shine and get rid of whatever the soapy water didn't get rid of.
- If you have leather straps, you can clean it with a combination of white vinegar and water. You can use the tooth brush to clean the band to get the band clean.
- When you are finished cleaning the band, take your lint free cloth and dry the band thoroughly.
- Be careful not to get your finger prints on the band as your placing it back on your wrist!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.