Want to find out how to clean white football helmets? Cleaning football helmets is not only for looks—these can breed infections such as staph that can cause pimples and boils. In worst case scenarios, staph infections can cause pneumonia and other health issues. Read on to find out how to clean white football helmets and how to properly disinfect them as well.
- Remove loose dirt from the white football helmet. Using a dry cloth, remove any loose dirt from the inside and outside of the white helmet.
- Wipe the white football helmet clean with a damp cloth and soapy water. Using a clean cloth and a bucket of warm, soapy water, carefully wash the outside of the helmet, including the facemask. Also wash the inside of the facemask.
- Wipe the white football helmet inside and out with disinfectant wipes. This will help to further disinfect the helmet and facemask.
- Spray the inside of the white football helmet with disinfectant. Use a disinfectant spray such as Lysol to spray the inside of the helmet, including the facemask. This will kill any bacteria that have accumulated during use.
- Use a toothbrush to remove stains. You can then use a toothbrush dipped in soapy water to scrub any stains that have not been removed. Gently scrub stains in order to remove as much as possible. This is especially important on a white helmet where stains are more apparent than those of a darker color. Be careful around areas with decals, as you don't want to loosen them.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the white football helmet clean. After you've completed scrubbing the stains, use a clean, damp cloth to wipe the helmet clean again.
- Dry the helmet with a clean towel. Using a clean towel, carefully dry the helmet and hang it in an area where it can get proper air circulation to fully dry.
Now you know how to clean white football helmets. Although these methods will not bring a white football helmet back to new condition, it will remove as much of the staining as is possible. Following these instructions will also disinfect the helmet and help prevent infections.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...