There are several methods for how to clean wicker furniture. The method you choose depends on how much cleaning the wicker furniture needs. A weekly cleaning is just a matter of dusting. Once a month the wicker furniture should be vacuumed and twice a year the wicker furniture should be thoroughly washed.
To clean wicker furniture, you will need:
- Liquid dish detergent
- Vacuum cleaner
- Soft brush
- Weekly wicker furniture cleaning. Dust and greasy fingerprints collect quickly on wicker furniture. Each week dust the wicker furniture with a disposable duster that collects the dust. Using a cleaning rag may cause the dust to be pushed further into the weave of the wicker. Use a mild solution of liquid dish detergent in hot water and a soft cloth to gently wipe away greasy fingerprints. Rinse well with a clean cloth and dry.
- Monthly wicker furniture cleaning. Vacuum the wicker each month using the brush attachment and target the dirt that has collected in the weave and corners of the wicker. Use a mild solution of liquid dish detergent in hot water and a soft cloth to gently wipe off the entire piece of wicker furniture. Rinse well with a clean cloth and dry. Don’t forget to clean the underside of the wicker piece.
- Serious wicker furniture cleaning. At least twice a year, remove the cushions from your wicker furniture and move it outside onto the patio or driveway. Use a hose to spray the wicker furniture enough to wet the surface. Use a mild solution of liquid dish detergent in hot water and a soft brush to wash the entire weave of the wicker. Rinse off and pat dry with a thirsty towel. Work quickly and do not saturate the wicker with too much water. Let the wicker furniture dry completely in the sun.
- Wicker furniture used on the outside patio will need serious cleaning once a month to remove dirt and debris from the elements.
- Do not use harsh cleaning solutions like bleach, acetone, or ammonia on wicker furniture. It can remove the finish or damage the wicker. Never use abrasive cleaners.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …