How To Clean A Wii Lens
If you want to maintain your Nintendo Wii, you should learn how to clean a Wii lens. This procedure removes dust, dirt, and cigarette smoke from the lens, which is used to read your game discs. Cleaning it results in better performance and prevents damage to your console. This isn't meant to repair previous damage, but it will ensure optimal performance of your Wii lens.
- Official Nintendo Wii Lens Cleaning Kit (includes lens cleaner, cleaning pads, and cleaning fluid)
- Make sure your Wii is plugged in and turned on. Open the tray to remove a disc if you have one in.
- Apply a few drops of cleaning fluid onto the cleaning pad. The pad is included on the lens cleaner. Do not use more than 3 drops of fluid, as this can cause damage by loosening the pad inside of the console while cleaning.
- Insert the lens cleaner into the disc slot, with the blue lines parallel to the slot. A question mark will appear on the television screen, but this is normal. If the console is vertical, the cleaning pad should face to the left. If it's horizontal, the cleaning pad should face down.
Leave the lens cleaner in place for 5 seconds. Move the handle of the lens cleaner back and forth no more than 2 cm about 15-20 times.
Move it up and down if the console is vertical, and side to side if it's horizontal.
- Make sure the handle is replaced to the center position. Press the eject button to release the lens cleaner.
Replace cleaning pads on the lens cleaner frame when they become dirty or loose. Don't pull the lens cleaner out of the Wii. Press the eject button and it will come out easily.