Knowing how to clean Wolverine hunting boots will help keep them in prime condition. When you are covering ground stalking prey, your hunting boots can get pretty cruddy and muddy. When you get back home from hunting, make sure to clean your Wolverine hunting boots.
You will need the following materials to clean your boots:
- Soft scrub brush
- Butter knife
- Old bath towel
- New cushioned insoles (optional)
- Put your boots on newspaper. Let them sit to dry for at least 24 hours. Take the insoles out to let them dry well.
- Go outside and knock off any loose chunks of mud. Use a butter knife to scrape off any stubborn chunks of dried mud from the bottom of the soles. Avoid scraping the boots’ uppers so you don’t damage the waterproofing.
- Wash the hunting boots with the soft brush and plain water.
- Dry off the boots using the old bath towel. Let them sit on the newspaper to dry thoroughly.
- Put the dried cushioning insoles back in your boots. Make sure they lie flat inside the boots with no rumpling.
- Replace the cushioning insoles with new ones if it’s the inside of the Wolverine hunting boots that needs to be cleaned.
Don’t use any polishes or conditioners of any kind on your Wolverine hunting boots. You don’t want anything scented to give you away when you’re hunting. Plus, you do not want to mess around with the excellent Wolverine waterproofing.
Never scrub your boots with anything abrasive. That can also ruin the waterproofing as well as the goretex or leather.
By Charley A. Prescott During the harsh days of fall and winter, it's only natural to want to battle the frigid, unfo ...
Few activities are more satisfy to a Made Man than putting food on the table via the hunt. Killing, cleaning and cooking ...
When harsh weather comes you need to keep your feet warm and dry while still looking good. Like a great jacket, the Hunt ...