How To Clean Your Bedroom
Knowing how to clean your bedroom properly is a valuable skill. Having a messy bedroom while being a bachelor is understandable and excusable. In fact, it's expected. However, having a messy room while being involved with a woman is one of the quickest ways to keep her out of the bedroom. Follow these steps for how to clean your bedroom properly so that you don't turn off the ladies when you invite them in after a date.
To clean your bedroom, you will need:
- Duster (feather or electrostatic)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Carpet cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Electrostatic cloth
- Air freshener
Remove the sheets, bedspread and pillowcases from your bed and throw them in the washing machine. Wash them on hot and wash them separately than the comforter or quilt.
- Pick up all the dirty clothes scattered around your room. Don't forget that sock hanging on the doorknob. Throw these clothes in a dirty clothes hamper and wash them after the sheets and bedspread are finished.
- Dust the shades, curtains or blinds using back-and-forth strokes with a feather duster. Alternatively you can use an electrostatic duster to clean the blinds.
- Pick up any foreign objects littered about the room. Either throw them away or put them where they belong.
Vacuum the carpet. Use the hose attachment to vacuum the edge of the carpet, against the wall and in the corners.
Search for spots on the carpet and use a carpet cleaner product to remove them. Spray the product on the spot, allow it to set for ten minutes then scrub it with a brush or cloth.
- Spray furniture polish on the surfaces or your bed, dresser and nightstand (if you have one). Wipe it clean with an electrostatic cloth.
- Point a fan in the room to prevent the air from smelling stale. Alternatively you can turn on the ceiling fan.
Put the clean sheets and bedspread back on your bed.
Plug in an air freshener or light a candle so that your bedroom smells fresh.