How To Clear History In Internet Explorer
Curious about how to clear your history in Internet Explorer? There are many reasons for wanting to do this. You may need to erase private searches or history, like bank information. You also may want to clear your history in Internet Explorer for computer maintenance. Clearing the history in Internet Explorer is very easy and only takes a few seconds, or up to a minute tops.
- Open your browser and locate the "tools" option. If using the newer Internet Explorer, such as Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8, the tools option will be on the upper right hand side. If you have the menu bar enabled, you can also find it there.
- From the tools menu, scroll down until you see "Internet Options." Click on it.
- A new pop-up menu will appear. On the general tab, the second selection is "Browsing History." From here, you can choose whether to delete your history when you close Internet Explorer; you can choose what to delete by hitting the "Delete" button, and you can choose different settings with the "Settings" button.
- If you hit the "Delete" button, you'll be taken to another screen that lets you choose what to delete. This includes cookies, passwords, form data and the history of where you have visited. If you just want to delete your history, uncheck all the options with the exception of "history."
- Click delete. Internet Explorer will delete your history.
You can always go back and change what you want to have deleted. The good thing is that Internet Explorer will remember your choice, so if you just want to have the history cleared each time, all you need to do is go through the steps until you reach the delete screen and just hit delete. You should do this on a fairly regular basis to ensure that Internet Explorer and your computer are working optimally.