How To Clear Skin
Want to know how to clear skin of acne, blackheads and other nasty pimples? Depending on your skin type, it might be difficult to clear skin on your own at home. Everyone can take steps to clear skin by taking care of their skin in the right way. Not everyone has the same skin type or the same skin issues. All you need is a little TLC, patience and dedication to clear skin easily and effective.
Things you will need:
- A pH-balanced facial cleanser
- Exfoliating pads or at-home chemical peels
- Ten percent benzoyl peroxide
- Cleanse your face, but don't over do it. Many people believe that if you suffer from acne, oily skin and blackheads, cleaning your face every ten minutes will somehow cure the problem. That is completely false. If you want clear skin, you should be cleansing your face twice a day with the proper facial cleanser. In order to to keep clear skin, you must treat it right. Facial cleansers should have a properly balanced pH formula that isn't too harsh on the skin but will still wash away all the dirt and grim from the day.
Don't fight natural oil. If your skin seems extra oily, it may not be a good idea to keep fighting the oil with astringents and cleansers that might strip your skin of natural oils that it needs. Instead of fighting the oil, use tissues to blot it off or even try splashing cold water on your face to gently wash away the oil.
- Exfoliate. The common myth and mistake of skin care seems to be not exfoliating the skin as needed. Breakouts commonly occur from old skin laying on your face and creating dirt that seeps into pores. This is how blackheads normally form. You can use exfoliating pads or at-home facial peels once a week to get rid of dead skin.
- Spot treat acne. Once upon a time, dermatologists recommended a small dab of ten percent benzoyl peroxide on a zit and the next morning it would be gone. The truth is, you can spot treat acne but it takes a little more than a dab. It's best to keep slathering on ten percent benzoyl peroxide onto problem areas every two to four hours as needed. You can find ten percent benzoyl peroxide creams at your local drug store for a minimum price.
- Keep tabs on stress levels. Stress increases hormones and when certain hormones are produced, you skin may breakout easier. This is why it is so important to remain calm and keep stress to a minimum in order to clear skin.
- Keep dirty hands away from skin. Do not pick or wipe your face with dirty hands. If you want clear skin, you need to keep hands away from the face at all times. You should never pick or pop pimples. It may be a small technique to keep your skin clear, but between picking up items and putting your hands on all kinds of surfaces, you are contracting germs and bacteria that can spread to your skin.