Here are instructions for how to clear temporary Internet files. Why clear temporary Internet files? Because each and every time you visit a web sites, some information is written to your computer. Think about it—every time you view a picture or listen to a song or read the news, some information from your visit is retained on your hard drive. This information can be used to see exactly what you did online. Anyone with access to your computer may be able to reproduce your web browsing experience. To protect your privacy, you need to clear these temporary Internet files and we'll show you how.
Clearing temporary Internet files from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer. Start Internet Explorer and let the home page load.
- Enter tools menu. Locate the 'Tools' button on the upper right hand side of Internet Explorer. Click on 'Tools' to expand the menu.
- Enter Internet options menu. Scroll down and highlight 'Internet Options'. Click on 'Internet Option' and wait for a new menu to open.
- Clear temporary files. In the Internet Options dialog, locate the 'Browsing history' section. Click on the 'Delete' button. Select to delete the temporary Internet files.
- Close Internet Explorer. You have just cleared the temporary Internet files for this browser.
Clearing temporary Internet files from Firefox:
- Open Firefox. Start Firefox and let the home page load.
- Open tools menu. Locate the 'Tools' button on the upper left hand side of Firefox. Click on 'Tools' and the menu will expand.
- Clear temporary files. Locate the option for 'Clear recent history" and click on it to expand the 'Clear recent history' dialog. In the 'Select time range to clear', select 'everything' and click delete.
- Close Firefox. You have just cleared the temporary Internet files for this browser.
Clearing temporary Internet files from Chrome:
- Open Chrome. Start Chrome and let the home page load.
- Locate tool icon. Look at the upper right hand side of Chrome. Click on the tool icon which looks like a wrench. Wait for the 'Google chrome Options' dialog to open.
- Locate temporary file. Click on the 'Under the Hood' tab
- Clear temporary files. Click on the 'Clear browsing data' button. In the 'Clear Browsing Data' dialog, select all options, except for passwords and then set the 'Clear data from this period' to everything. Click 'clear browsing data'
- Close Chrome. You have just cleared the temporary Internet files for this browser.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.