When trying to build upper body strength, it is a great idea to learn how to climb rope. It may seem like a daunting task to perform, because it takes a lot of strength to properly climb a rope. Though it does take strength, it is a very cheap and easy to remember way to build upper body strength.
To climb a rope you'll need:
- A pair of shoes or boots. It is suggested you use boots.
There are many ways to climb a rope, but the simplest way is called a "break and squat." It is as follows:
- Get a good grip on the rope with your hands. Grip the rope as high as you can above your head, one above the other.
- Put the rope in between your feet. This is going to keep you on the rope and act as a clamp. Simply have the rope go between your legs and around your calf. Then have the rope run over the top of one of your feet and have your other foot clamp it in place on top of your other foot. Picture it as a rope sandwich with your feet as the bread.
- To actually climb the rope, slowly inch up the rope by slightly loosening your feet and pulling yourself up the rope using your hands. After each time you inch up the rope, lock your feet, loosen them, then repeat the process until you get up the rope completely.
- Once you've reached the top, you have to get down. Simply keep your foot clamp tight. Slide down the rope with your feet first, then with your hands.
Remember, there are many different ways to learn how to climb a rope. The "break and squat" way is the simplest and most common way. The military uses the "break and squat," so if you're learning to climb rope for the military, it is highly suggested you use this style. Rope climbing is a great way to get in shape and it's simple to do.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.