- How To Open Wells Fargo Banking Accounts
- How To Open A Wells Fargo Bank Checking Account
- How To Check Wells Fargo Bank Account Online
- How To Open Bank Of The West Checking Account
- How To Open A U.S. Bank Account For Non-Residents
- How To Wire Money To Bank Account
- How to Write to a Bank About Late Mortgage Payments
How To Close A Bank Account At Wells Fargo
Need to know how to close a bank account at Wells Fargo? You can close a bank account at Wells Fargo in one of several ways. It's possible to close a Wells Fargo bank account online at the Wells Fargo website, over the telephone, in person at a Wells Fargo bank location or by mailing Wells Fargo a letter asking them to close your bank account.
To close a bank account at Wells Fargo, you will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- A telephone
- A letter and envelope with correct postage
- Another bank account
- Close your Wells Fargo bank account online. Log on to your Wells Fargo bank account. When there are no funds in your account, choose "contact us" to send an email notifying Wells Fargo that you want to close your account.
- Close your Wells Fargo bank account over the telephone. When there is no money in your bank account, contact a Wells Fargo representative by calling their toll-free number, (800) 956-4442. Notify the bank representative that you wish to close your Wells Fargo bank account.
- Close your Wells Fargo bank account in person. When you have no money in your Wells Fargo bank account, go to a Wells Fargo bank in person. Speak to a banker to close your account.
- Transfer your money from your Wells Fargo bank account. Before you can close your account, it's necessary to empty the account and leave it with a zero balance. You can do this in one of two ways. You can transfer the money online to a different bank account or mail Wells Fargo a letter. The address is: Wells Fargo, 350 SW Jefferson Street, DP5, Portland, OR 97201. Request in the letter that you want to close your account and ask Wells Fargo to send you an official bank check, also known as a cashier's check, to close your bank account.
Posted on: Jul. 16, 2010