How To Conceive A Baby Girl
Although it is not an exact science, there are some techniques that may increase your chances when you want to conceive a baby girl. One of the most common methods was developed by a biologist named Landrum Shettle. The idea behind it is that female sperm swim slower than male sperm so timing is a key component. Female sperm also last longer than male sperm which is also taken into consideration.
- Find out when ovulation occurs. To be successful in concieving a girl the first step is to know when a woman ovulates. This will allow you to time intercourse correctly to make the likelihood of a female sperm making it to the egg better than the male sperm.
- Have sex two to three days before ovulation. Since female sperm swim slower but last longer, if you have sex a few days before ovulation, the boys will get to the egg before it is ready. The girls, who swim slow and steady will make it there just in time.
- No orgasm for women. Women should avoid having an orgasm when trying to conceive a girl. The idea behind this is that an orgasm will make the environment more alkaline and the female sperm will have a harder time surviving.
- Shallow Penetration. Since the male sperm do not last very long, if the penetration is not very deep it makes it more difficult for the male sperm to make it to the egg. The female sperm just keep steadily swimming along until they reach their destination.
- Missionary Position. Although it is not essential, it is sometimes easier to maintain a shallower penetration when in the missionary position.