Knowing how to condition dry, stiff leather can bring what seems like garbage back to life. It is a simple process but may need to be repeated several times before the leather is back in good shape.
What you'll need:
- Hand vacuum
- Soft brush
- Leather cleanser
- Leather conditioner
- Leather sealant
- Leather polish
- Water and stain leather protective spray
- Dry, clean cloths
- Warm water
- Vacuum the leather with the small hand vacuum. This is to make sure the leather is free of dirt, mold or dust.
- Brush the dry leather. A soft brush will not harm the leather while removing any dirt from the nooks and crannies found in leather.
- Make a solution to clean your leather, following the directions of leather cleanser mixed with warm water.
- Dip the cloth into the cleansing solution. Rub the dry leather with the cloth to remove any stains and ground in dirt and oils.
- Dip a dry, clean cloth into warm water. Rub the stiff leather with the cloth thoroughly to remove the cleansing solution.
- Dry the leather partially using the air dry method. Do not allow the leather to dry all the way or you will have stiff leather after you finish.
- Apply a leather conditioner to the semi-damp leather. Do not saturate the leather with the conditioner.
- Dry the leather thoroughly. The conditioner needs to penetrate the pores of the leather to condition properly.
- Polish the leather with the leather polish and a dry clean cloth. Use the cloth to rub the polish into the leather, which will seal the conditioner and buff into the leather.
- Spray the leather with the protective spray. The protective spray ensures that your leather stays conditioned longer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.