Need to know how to condition nubuck leather? Nubuck leather is soft and velvety. It is one of the most expensive leathers to buy. Nubuck leather needs to be protected and cared for properly. Since nubuck leather does not have a protective coating like other leather, you will need to apply protectant.
In order to condition nubuck leather, you will need:
- Nubuck protectant spray
- Nubuck cleaner
- Nubuck or suede eraser
- Nubuck brush
- Nubuck conditioner
- Wipe the leather. Use a cloth to wipe any dirt and dust off the nubuck leather. Do not use any water on the leather. If it gets wet, allow it to dry naturally.
- Remove stains. This type of leather is very different from traditional leather as it is a cross between suede and leather. A nubuck eraser can be used to eliminate stains. Gently rub the eraser on the desired area. You can also use a suede eraser.
- Clean the nubuck. You will need to use a special solution to clean the nubuck leather. The solution is made strictly for nubuck. Brush the nubuck using the nubuck brush before applying the cleaner. Once the cleaner dries, use the brush to restore the nap.
- Protect from damage. If you want to repel stains, treat the nubuck with a protective spray. Once the spray has dried, apply a second coat.
- Condition on a regular basis. Every few months you will need to apply a conditioner to the nubuck leather. You should also brush the nubuck. If the nubuck is flattened, brush in a circular motion to restore the fullness.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.