If you have recently purchased a subwoofer and amp, you're probably wondering how to connect the amp to a subwoofer. The process is very simple and straightforward. Remember to always properly fasten everything down and have the wires secured so they do not become disconnected. It is best to use lower gauge, high quality wiring to ensure the best quality of connections between your amp to a subwoofer however any gauge speaker wire can be used.
What you will need:
- Speaker wire
- Some screws (optional)
- Attach the amp to the speak box. Using screws, fasten the amp to the speaker box on the back or top of the subwoofer. This is not a necessary step to connect amp to a subwoofer but it is highly recommended to prevent the amp from moving and pulling the wire connections from the subwoofer.
- Locate the positive and negative terminals on the amp. Look on the back or side of the amp and locate the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. Typically these are color coated black and red.
- Locate the positive and negative terminals on the subwoofer. Look on the back of the subwoofer speaker box for the same terminals as in the previous step. You will need to locate these terminals to connect amp to a subwoofer.
- Cut the speaker wire. Cut a length of speaker wire to match the distance between the terminals on the amp and the terminals on the subwoofer. Cut a second speaker wire of equal length to connect the amp to a subwoofer.
- Connect the speak wire. Connect the speaker wire to the respective terminals on both the amp and the subwoofer. Positive to positive and negative to negative. This will complete the connection from the amp to a subwoofer.
Tips: Use copper based, conductive speaker wire. Cut a little extra length onto the wire to account for any moving that may occur. Do not leave the amp on the floor of your trunk, connect it to the subwoofer. This will ensure a solid connection when connecting amp to a subwoofer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …