Learning how to connect car speakers can be surprisingly simple. The most difficult part can be removing car body panels to be able to access speakers to replace, as they can be difficult to pull off or figure out. Good car speakers can make or break your stereo's performance. The last thing you want to do is spend money on an expensive sound system, and not be able to connect the speakers. Follow these steps to learn how to connect car speakers.
To install and connect car speakers you will need:
- Speaker wire
- Wire strippers
- Wire connectors
- Electrical tape
- Remove any body panels or carpeting necessary to access the speaker mount areas. This will depend on your vehicle and what speaker type you are connecting. You might need a screwdriver to remove the panels. Be careful not to damage or crack any of the parts of the car.
- Unscrew the old speakers and cut the speaker wires so enough is usable for the new connection. Mount the new speakers with screws, making sure to use long enough screws to hold them securely in place.
- Strip the car speaker wires to expose them for splicing.
- Use a wire connector or electrical tape to make a good connection with the wires. Cover any exposed wires with electrical tape
- Test the car speakers by turning on the car stereo. Make sure they work before replacing car body panels or carpeting, so you won't need to remove them again if they don't work yet.
- Replace the car body panels or carpeting. Make sure to replace all of the screws used before.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.