How To Connect DVR To Computer
If you desire to record the programs you watch online so you can view them later, then the best solution for you is to connect a DVR to your computer. This is not difficult to do at all and you actually have various options to get it accomplished. To connect a DVR to your computer, you will require the following items:
- High-end video card
- RCA/S video cable
- Good quality speakers
- HDMI port and cable
- DVR device
As noted above, there are various ways to incorporate a DVR device to your computer so you can archive your favorite programs either from the internet or from your DVR media. Here's how it goes:
- High-end video card. To make sure that your computer will be able to process your file transfers properly by means of recording to your DVR, you must install or should have in it a high-end video card that supports high resolution movies and fast streaming files. Updating your video card to the latest standards is not a bad route to take should you wish to enjoy your DVR recording.
- RCA/S video port and cables. At the very least, your video card should have a RCA input to connect your DVR to your personal computer or laptop. It is much better though if you have a S video input as well for it provides a better quality video streaming or playback. Don't forget to purchase your RCA and S video cables from your local electronic stores.
- Speakers. Of course, you'll enjoy your videos even better if you play them through your surround sound speakers, but a set of good quality speakers should do if you don't have the former in place.
- HDMI. Most DVRs and the newest computer models come with a pre-installed HDMI port or card. This is the best connection to use because it already has audio and video processes in a single cable, plus it is in high-definition mode. No multiple cables, just a single port, easy to install: that's HDMI integration in a nutshell.
- DVR device. Last, but certainly not the least, you should make available a DVR device with a high-capacity disk drive to enjoy all the streaming programs, movie purchases and downloads in your computer and vice versa.
So there you have it! A simple yet intuitive solution to enhance your computer and DVR device usage. Enjoy watching your recordings.