How to connect a HDMI cable to a PS3 console and television can seem overwhelming if you are not familiar with electronics. When you first open up your PS3 box you will see a variety of cords and knowing which is which and where they all go can be quite a task for a new gamer. If you have an HD television and you would like to reap all the rewards of the graphics included in PS3 games you will want to use an HDMI cable. A HDMI cable is not always included in your PS3 console purchase, only bundle PS3 packs come with HDMI cables typically.
To connect a HDMI cable to a PS3 and television, you will need:
- An HDMI Cable (it must be long enough to reach the back of your TV to the back of where you plan to keep your PS3 console).
- Your PS3 SIXAXIS controller
- Your television remote control
- Unplug your television and PS3 console from the electrical outlet. Before unplugging be sure to check to make sure that both electronics are off, then unplug them.
- Locate the HDMI cable input on your television. There are multiple places where the HDMI input could be on your television. It could be on the back of your TV or on the sides of your TV. Depending upon your television you may have an option for multiple HDMI cable inputs as well, but they all should be numbered. You will want to insert the HDMI cable into the first open port that you have. That means that if you do not have anything connected to your TV you will want to plug it into your “HDMI 1” port. You will want to be sure that you are gentle when plugging in the cable, while still ensuring that it is firmly in place.
- Locate the HDMI Outlet port on the back of your PS3 console. You will then connect the opposite end of your HDMI cord into this port on the back of your PS3. Again, be sure that the cord is firmly connected to your console.
- Plug both your television and your PS3 console back into the electrical outlets.
- Now reach for the PS3 controller of your choice. The PS3 comes with a SIXAXIS controller, but you may have a different brand one if you bought your controller separately.
- Turn on your television and your PS3 console. Once you have turned your television back on you will need to switch your television to the correct input selection for your PS3.
- Now follow the steps that you see on your screen to set your PS3 settings to your televisions abilities. And enjoy your new HD look at your PS3 games and Blu-ray movies!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.