How To Connect An iPod Touch To A TV
Need to know how to connect an iPod Touch to a TV? Connecting an iPod Touch to a TV allows you to view videos or movies on the device with other people, or listen to music in your home. Watching videos on a small screen can become frustrating and is not necessary when you are at home and have a larger screen on your TV. There are some products designed specifically to connect the iPod Touch to a TV. Follow these steps to learn about connecting an iPod Touch to your TV.
To connect an iPod Touch to a TV, you will need:
- A compatible iPod Touch A/V dock
- A/V cables
- A TV with composite inputs available
- Set the dock up near the TV you will be using it with. Connect the AC power adapter to the power port on the dock and a wall outlet. Some docks may not have a power adapter.
- Find the composite audio and video inputs on the back or sides of your TV. These are three circular inputs, sometimes labeled video and audio left and right.
- Connect the yellow cable for the dock to the video input on the TV. Connect the two audio cables from the dock to the correct audio inputs on the TV. If your TV only has one audio input, just connect the left audio cable to this input.
- Connect your iPod Touch to the dock by carefully sliding it onto the connector on top of the dock. Turn on the TV and the iPod Touch.
- Test the setup. You may need to change the channel on the TV to an auxiliary input setting or another channel. Consult your TV documentation if you have trouble finding the right input.