How To Connect Laptop To LCD TV
Learning how to connect laptop to LCD TV is as easy as following these simple steps. If you have a movie on your laptop and you want to watch that on your big screen LCD TV, then you will definitely need to read this guide. While it is not difficult to connect a laptop to an LCD TV, it does take some proper connectors. In this guide, we will cover all the possible connectors that you will need, as well as the methods in order to help you connect a laptop to an LCD TV.
To connect laptop to LCD TV, you will need:
- Connecting Cable (such as VGA to HDMI, DVI to HDMI, etc…)
- A computer
- Find out what type video port your laptop has. Typically, a working PC these days has a VGA port; an older PC may have an S-Video port as well. Macbooks are usually featured with Mini-DVI or DVI ports.
- Find out what the available ports are on your LCD TV. Typically, almost all LCD TVs, such as the Sony Brava, have HDMI and VGA ports. You can easily find out which by checking on the back panel of your LCD TV.
- Find a cable that connects video ports from your computer to LCD TV. Typically, you can use VGA to VGA, or VGA to HDMI cables. If you have a Mac, you can use Mini-DVI or DVI to VGA or HDMI cables. You can buy these cables at your favorite computer shops or online, such as Bestbuy or Amazon.
- Connect your computer to the LCD TV. Your computer will automatically detect the connection. Depending on your settings and your operating system, you will either see a mirror image or extended screen on your LCD TV.