How To Connect Laptop To TV
If you learn how to connect your laptop to your TV, you can watch streaming video or video games playing from your laptop on your TV's bigger screen. Almost all laptops can transfer their displays to or share their displays with external monitors. TVs with liquid crystal display (LCD) screens serve as excellent external monitors. If you have an LCD TV, it is therefore likely that you will be able to hook it up to your laptop and enjoy your computer activities on the bigger screen.
To connect your laptop to your TV, you will need:
- VGA cable
- Laptop with VGA output
- LCD or plasma TV with VGA input
How To Connect Your Laptop To Your TV
- Check the input connections on the back of your TV for a VGA connection. This is type of connection you will need to hook it up to your laptop.
- Find the VGA output connection on your laptop computer.
- Obtain a VGA cable that is male on one end and female on the other. These cables are inexpensive and all basic electronic stores carry them.
- Connect the appropriate ends of the VGA cable to your laptop and LCD TV.
- Turn on both devices.
- Adjust your TV's input settings so that it is receiving a signal from the VGA input.
- Access your laptop's control panel by clicking the "Start" menu in the lower left corner of the desktop and choosing the "control panel" from the menu.
- Find your graphics card or display options in the control panel and click on it.
- Look for the "Dual Display" or "External Monitor" option within your display settings and choose the one you desire.
- Click "Apply," and then "OK" when the computer asks you if you want to keep these settings. Your laptop should now be displaying on your TV.