How To Connect My Plasma TV With Other Components
Ever wondered to yourself "how to connect my plasma TV with other components?" Connecting a plasma TV with other components can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with setting up a home theater. You can use the inputs on the back of the television, or you can use a home theater receiver to connect to the other components and then to the TV. This can sometimes simplify the setup if you have many components. Follow these steps to connect a plasma TV with other components.
To connect your plasma TV with other components you will need:
- Audio and video cables
- Gather your components together and determine what types of audio and video cables they use. This will help plan out the process.
- If you have a lot of components, it would be a good idea to buy a home theater A/V receiver. This can be useful if you need to make more connections than are available on the TV. It can also help attach all of the components to a surround sound system.
- Attach each component individually to either the TV or a home theater receiver. Make a note of which component is attached to which input to help when you want to change the input to use that component later.
- If you have trouble determining what type of cable to use, you can check the documentation for that device. It is likely that you will need to do this at some point during the setup.
- Test the setup by turning on the components and switching the TV or home theater receiver to the corresponding input. If it doesn't work, check the connections and input.
- Consider using a universal remote designed for simplifying the use of home theaters. These types of remotes help, because they can be programmed to automatically turn on components used for certain activities, like watching a DVD or playing a video game.