How To Connect PS3 To Computer
Once you initially learn how to connect a PS3 to a computer, you might suddenly realize there a whole lot of things that you can now do that you previously couldn’t. For example, you can view pictures, listen to music and watch videos from your computer conveniently on your Playstation 3. With this easy and straightforward guide, pairing your console and computer will be a cinch, and you will soon begin streaming all of your media from your computer to your Playstation 3.
To connect a PS3 to a computer, you will need
- A computer
- A PS3
- A home network
- A wifi connection or ethernet connection to the network
- Windows Media Player 11
- Your very first step in connecting your PS3 to your computer is downloading Windows Media Player 11. Your computer may already have Windows Media Player 11, but to keep it on the safe side, make sure that you have the latest version.
- Once you’ve downloaded Windows Media Player 11, make sure that your Playstation 3 is connected to your home network. If you play online on your console, then you can probably just skip this step, but it’s important to make sure that your console and computer are both connected to the same network to ensure that this process works.
- Log back onto the computer and configure Windows Media Player 11. Once this program is open, you will need to enable sharing to your PS3 device. This can be done easily by navigating to Tools>Options>Library. Once you see the new window, click “Configure Sharing.” Keep in mind that you might not see this button until you check the “Allow Sharing” box. Once you’ve clicked “Configure Sharing” you should see a list of devices on your home network. In this case, you’ll probably see your PS3 or “Unknown Device” listed there. You will want to select “Allow” for your PS3.
- Once everything has been configured for your computer, it’s time to check your PS3. If you’ve done everything correctly, then you should find that your files from your computer show up in your media folders on your PS3. If you’re still having problems, make sure that you have “Media Sharing” turned on on your console. Learning to connect a PS3 to a computer can present a few bumps in the road, but the overall process is quite simple.