How To Connect PS3 To Internet
Need to connect your PS3 to the Internet? One of the perks of owning a PS3 is that you can connect to the Internet using your system and can play games with other users for free. There are two ways to connect to the Internet on the PS3: by using a wired or wireless connection.
To connect your PS3 to the Internet, you will need:
- Ethernet cable (for a wired connection)
- Wireless router (for a wireless connection)
- Access the system settings. After you turn on the PS3, select "Settings" from the main menu and then select "Network Settings." This is where you make changes for how your PS3 connects to the Internet.
- Disconnect from the Internet if you are setting up a wireless connection. After you access the Network Settings, select "Internet Connection Settings." You will be asked if you want to be disconnected from the Internet. Select "Yes" when prompted. You have to be disconnected from the Internet to set up a wireless connection for your PS3.
- Set up a connection. When you are asked what type of setup you want to use, select "Easy" and then select the connection type, either "Wired Connection" or "Wireless." If you are using a wired connection, you can stop at this point and test your connection. Continue if you are connecting through a wireless router.
- Scan for a wireless channel. Click "Scan" when prompted and a list of the wireless connections available will appear. Select the router you want to connect to.
- Choose the security settings. You can choose "None," "WEP," or "WPA" security settings. If you aren't sure which setting to choose, ask the owner of the router.
- Enter the passcode. If the router you are connecting to is secure, you must enter the passcode. If you don't know the passcode, ask the owner of the router. After you enter the passcode, save your work.
- Test the connection. Select "Test Connection" to verify that you are now connected to the Internet. If the test works, you are good to go. If it doesn't, go back to the Network Settings and make sure everything you entered is correct.