How To Connect PS3 To PC
There are lots of reasons why you might want to learn how to connect a PS3 to a PC. Your PC holds your extensive media collection, and it’s obvious how cool it would be to be able to stream it over to your Playstation 3. With a program called TVersity, this is extremely possible. The best part is that it’s not hard.
To connect a PS3 to a PC, you will need:
- A PC
- Home network
- TVersity Media Server
- A PS3
- Wifi connection or Ethernet connection for your Playstation 3
- The first step in learning to connect a PS3 to a PC is to make sure that both your PC and PS3 are connected to your home network. Your home network will be essential for your PC to even be able to find your PC, so it’s imperative that a home network is existent and that both devices are logged onto it.
- Next, you will need to grab a copy of TVersity for your computer. The media server program is completely free, so you shouldn’t have any trouble getting it. The most legitimate copy available is right on the company website.
- Once you’ve got TVersity installed on your computer, it’s time to run it so that you can begin configuring it for your PS3. Most of the time, the only configuring needed for this process is to add your folders that you’d like to share to your PS3. Of course, this one of the most important steps in connecting a PS3 to a PC. To add folders simply, click the “Library” tab at the top and then the “Add Item” button. From here, you can add specific files or even whole folders.
- Once you’ve added your items, it’s time to start checking the PS3 for connectivity. When browsing to your media on your PS3, you should find the TVersity Media Server listed. From here, you can see all of the items you’ve selected to share, and you’ll be able to listen to them, view them, watch them, etc.
- If you find that the files did not show up, log back onto the computer. Your next step is to change your Media Playback Device to “Sony Playstation 3” in the Settings tab. This should clear up any previous issues.
- Consulting the TVersity website for further instruction and advanced troubleshooting is advised if further help is needed. There you can find Support forums, a set of FAQ, tutorials, a Wiki, third party resources, and so much more.